Friday, April 8, 2022

Words of Life

Glory to you, Word of God, Lord Jesus Christ!
Your words, Lord, are spirit and life;
you have the words of everlasting life.
Glory to you, Word of God, Lord Jesus Christ!
Jn:6:63,68

Today's Gospel Acclamation includes the declaration of faith from Peter in John chapter 6; “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. We have come to believe and to know that you are the Holy One of God.” 

Lord, to whom else shall we go? This cry is still true today. The world continues to deny Christ and calls me to join it. No way! As Jesus says in today's gospel, if you can't believe in him at least believe in his works. There's two thousand years of Christ's works even before looking at his works in my own life. 

Jesus' words are spirit and life. I step into today alive purely because Jesus has spoken it to be so. The breath that I draw and the beat of my heart are from his will. Thank you Lord.

Lord, to whom shall I go? You have the words of eternal life. I have come to believe and to know that you are the Holy One of God.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for us.


No comments: