Friday, April 15, 2022

His Way

Yet he was pierced through for our faults,
crushed for our sins.
On him lies a punishment that brings us peace,
and through his wounds we are healed.

We had all gone astray like sheep,
each taking his own way,
and the Lord burdened him
with the sins of all of us.
Is.53:5,6

Isaiah prophesies the death of Jesus and its purpose; to pay the price and bring us peace.

The song to hell is Franks Sinatra's "My Way". Isaiah nails it in describing the root cause of my sinfulness. Taking my own way, choosing my own path. The irony is I think I am being brave and innovative when really it is a wide easy path that many follow. The narrow path is the difficult one that few walk but, according to Jesus, it is the path to life. 

Today, I receive the peace and healing that Jesus has won for me. I recommit to his narrow way to life.

Thank you Jesus for dying for me, for paying the price of my wrongs, for bringing me healing and fullness of life. I place my trust in you.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for us.


No comments: