Saturday, April 30, 2022

Still Waters

The wind was strong, and the sea was getting rough. They had rowed three or four miles when they saw Jesus walking on the lake and coming towards the boat. This frightened them, but he said, ‘It is I. Do not be afraid.’
Jn.6:18-20

The disciples were rowing across the lake without Jesus when a storm rises, threatening the boat. Jesus appears, miraculously walking on water, and calms the storm while instantly transporting them to their destination.

The analogy of this story is obvious. Travelling without Jesus risks being overwhelmed by the storms of life. With him, while storms still come, fear is dealt with and destinations attained. Today with all its anxieties and struggles has to be traversed. With Jesus I can enjoy the journey.

Jesus, I invite you to be my travelling companion today. Thank you for being the friend at my side.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: