Friday, April 29, 2022

The Easy Yoke

 ‘Come to me, all you who labour and are overburdened, and I will give you rest. Shoulder my yoke and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. Yes, my yoke is easy and my burden light.’
Mt.11:28-30

Jesus makes the irresistible invitation. Feeling burdened? Give it all to me and be rested.

Jesus gives the antidote to exhaustion. Gentleness and humility are the keys to rest. His light, easy yoke is no yoke at all. When have we not needed this remedy? I walk into today with Jesus easy yoke of gentleness and humility on my shoulders. This gives a skip in my step.

Thank you Lord for your light, easy burden. I shoulder your yoke of gentleness and humility today.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.



No comments: