Monday, April 18, 2022

Why the Joy?

Then Jesus said to them, ‘Do not be afraid; go and tell my brothers that they must leave for Galilee; they will see me there.’
Mt.28:10

Mary Magdalene and the other Mary found an angel sitting on the rolled back stone in front of the empty tomb. They are instructed to tell the disciples that Jesus has risen. While joyfully rushing off to do so they meet the risen Jesus. Jesus tells them again to "go and tell". 

What do you do with good news? You share it of course. Good news spreads like wildfire. I have the greatest of good news to share. Jesus has conquered death and is alive, proving that everything he said and promised is true! Oh what joyful news. 

Sharing the Good News means being the Good News. My joy I can share with everyone I meet today and maybe some will ask, "Why the joy?". Well, I'm glad you asked...

Lord Jesus, you are, my Good News, the source of my hope and joy. Help me share your good news with all I meet today.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: