Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Time for a Swim

Wherever the river flows, all living creatures teeming in it will live.
Ez.47:9

Ezekiel writes of his vision of the river of life flowing from the temple. The temple is the source of life, health and joy to all living creatures who reside in the river and on its banks.

Ezekiel's vision is an allegory of the Church. Today's psalm says "The waters of a river give joy to God’s city, the holy place where the Most High dwells." If I want life, health and joy, the Church is the place for me to live beside. Whenever I go to Mass or simply visit my parish church for prayer, it is like wading into the river of life. 

And truly, this would explain why I always feel lifted and refreshed when I leave the church building. Something spiritual happens there. I am refreshed and invigorated, like coming back onto the beach after a swim in the ocean on a summer's day. It's good to go swimming in the river of life. It's time for a visit to my parish church today I think. 

Thank you Jesus for always being present in my parish church. You are the source of my life and my joy.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me


No comments: