Sunday, March 20, 2022

One More Year

Cut it down: why should it be taking up the ground?” “Sir,” the man replied “leave it one more year and give me time to dig round it and manure it: it may bear fruit next year; if not, then you can cut it down.
Lk.13:7-9

To underscore his call for the people to repent, Jesus tells the parable of the unfruitful fig tree. 

Jesus is introducing urgency to his call for repentance. There is a time of grace but his time is finite. It will come to an end. So who is it that needs to repent and repent quickly? All of us. We all are like sheep and have gone astray, each following his own path (Isaiah 53:6) 

Repentance is the essential first step to bear fruit. I need to seize this time of grace and keep a short account with God. Now is the favourable time, today is the day of salvation (2 Corinthians 6:2).

Jesus, forgive me Lord for my many failings. I recommit my life to you.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: