Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Cease Evil Start Good

Wash, make yourselves clean. Take your wrong-doing out of my sight. Cease to do evil. Learn to do good, search for justice, help the oppressed, be just to the orphan, plead for the widow.
Is.1:16-18

Isaiah prophesies to a rebellious nation. The call to action is to cease, learn, search, help, be just and intercede. 

This ancient prophecy is just as relevant for me today. I am a rebellious nation. Evil comes naturally and I am called to stop doing it. However, doing good needs to be learned and practiced. It seems basic but I need to be intentional about doing good. 

How am I called to do good? Think less of myself and my worldly needs and be more aware of the needs of others. Be a bearer of justice, help those who are oppressed and powerless.

Jesus, help me make goodworks my natural activity. Give me a heart less for myself and more for others.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.

No comments: