Sunday, March 6, 2022

Beleive and Confess

If your lips confess that Jesus is Lord and if you believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, then you will be saved. By believing from the heart you are made righteous; by confessing with your lips you are saved.
Rms.10:9,10

Paul writes to the church in Rome to present his basic statement of the gospel: God's plan of salvation for all peoples, Jew and Gentile alike. All who believe are made righteous. All who confess Jesus is Lord are saved.

Righteous - free from guilt or sin. There's a human law in everyone, believer and non-believer alike, that discriminates right from wrong. We know what we ought to do but we don't do it... none of us. The only way out of this dilemma that I've found is Jesus.  

Today is Sunday, a great day to go to Mass and believe and confess. There I can expect to be made righteous and get closer to my salvation. Yes please!

Thank you Jesus for saving me. I place my trust in you.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: