Sunday, March 13, 2022

Homeland

For us, our homeland is in heaven, and from heaven comes the saviour we are waiting for, the Lord Jesus Christ, and he will transfigure these wretched bodies of ours into copies of his glorious body. He will do that by the same power with which he can subdue the whole universe.
Ph.3:20,21

Saint Paul writes to the Philippian Church, reminding them that their hope lies in heaven, their true homeland.

There are times when I feel a foreigner as people boast of things that should be shameful, holding up wrong while saying it is right and being applauded for it. Saint Paul's letter reminds me that this is in fact true. Heaven is my homeland, this mortal coil, even on its best day, is just shadowlands. 

My job while still in this foreign land is to bring as many as possible into heavenly citizenship, starting with those I meet today.

Jesus, thank you that with you beside me I am never alone, that you are calling me further up and further in to be with you. Help me draw others to you today.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: