Thursday, March 10, 2022

Ask Seek Knock

Jesus said to his disciples, ‘Ask, and it will be given to you; search, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened to you. 
Mt.7:7

Jesus continues his Sermon on the Mount, laying the foundations for Christian living. For faith to be alive and dynamic it is continually asking, seeking, knocking.

It has been said that if you were to question a group of people who have left the church you would find very few who left as a result of hearing a robust argument against their faith. Most will have simply drifted away. Faith needs to be constantly feed and reminded of its basic tenets. That is why we go to church, why we read the bible. 

If I stop asking, seeking and knocking, I start drifting. 

Thank you Jesus for your written Word, for your Holy Church. Keep me so hungry for you that I continuously ask, seek and knock.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.



No comments: