Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Add a Link

But take care what you do and be on your guard. Do not forget the things your eyes have seen, nor let them slip from your heart all the days of your life; rather, tell them to your children and to your children’s children.
Dt.4:9

Moses is introducing the Law that will define the Jewish people from that time forward. The Law is a taonga, a treasure to be passed from generation to generation.  Like all treasures, if unguarded it can be forgotten and lost.

I sometimes think with gratitude of the chain of people who have passed on the Christian faith so that I could receive it two thousand years later. There are hundreds of people who have literally passed this treasure from generation to generation until it has passed onto me. It makes me more determined not to break the chain but to add another link.

I am at the privileged age of passing it on to my children's children. How best to do this? Being a joyfully authentic witness in day to day life is a great place to start. 

Lord Jesus, you fulfill the Law. Help me be a faith-filled witness to my children and children's children.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.



No comments: