Saturday, January 29, 2022

He's in My Boat

‘Why are you so frightened? How is it that you have no faith?’ They were filled with awe and said to one another, ‘Who can this be? Even the wind and the sea obey him.’
Mk.4:40,41

Jesus is wakened by his disciples who are terrified by a storm threatening their boat. After instantly calming the storm Jesus rebukes the disciples for their fear coming from lack of faith.

Storms are big and powerful. They make me feel small and vulnerable. In a small boat at sea that would be magnified. The disciples had one huge thing in their favour in the storm that they failed to recognise. They had Jesus with them. Yes he was asleep but he was WITH them. 

I am not promised to be exempt from storms in life. However, I am promised that Jesus will always be with me and will never forsake me. He will always be in my boat. The key to letting him calm my storms is faith. 

Thank you Jesus for your promise to never leave me. Your presence calms my storms. I step into today holding your hand.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.

No comments: