Thursday, January 27, 2022

Be a Giver

The amount you measure out is the amount you will be given – and more besides; for the man who has will be given more; from the man who has not, even what he has will be taken away.
Mk.4:24,25

Jesus is teaching on the law of reciprocal generosity. Then he adds a twist. Generosity earns a bonus. Miserliness earns a penalty.

 Jesus holds generosity in high regard. In the parable of the sower he describes the rich soil as those people with a "noble and generous heart" (Lk.8:15).  I am blessed by having generous people among my own family. They are people who are uplifting and joyful. They are great to be around. 

The virtue of generosity is something for me to culture, starting today...

Jesus, help me to become a natural giver, not a taker. Cultivate in me a spirit of generosity.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: