Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Heart Reader

Take no notice of his appearance or his height for I have rejected him; God does not see as man sees; man looks at appearances but the Lord looks at the heart.
1 Sam.16:7

Samuel has been called by God to find a new king among the sons of Jessie. The eldest son Eliab impresses Samuel by his looks but God rejects Eliab after judging his heart.

Important character is found on the inside. The world judges by beauty, brains and wealth. I am seduced by these same external attributes. God steps past the outside stuff and judges the heart. I am about to form an Alpha hosting team. I need to be a heart reader.

Jesus, you looked past the externals and read people's hearts. Help me be a heart reader so I am not mislead by external appearance.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.

 

No comments: