Saturday, January 8, 2022

In Season

‘The bride is only for the bridegroom; and yet the bridegroom’s friend, who stands there and listens, is glad when he hears the bridegroom’s voice. This same joy I feel, and now it is complete. He must grow greater, I must grow smaller.’
Jn.3:29,30

John the Baptist testifies again about Jesus. His joy is complete in seeing Jesus begin his work.

Humility brings with it a joy. A humble person knows his place and is at peace with it. There is no jealousy or striving. Work while in the right place, the right season, is a joy. 

My work for 2022? There's work work to provide provision for impending retirement. There's the work of husband/father/grandfather. There's the work of God's Kingdom here on earth (Alpha, Children's Liturgy, parish work). It's all in season and it's all good.

Jesus, give me wisdom to know what is in season and what is not. 
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.

No comments: