Monday, January 17, 2022

New Wine

And nobody puts new wine into old wineskins; if he does, the wine will burst the skins, and the wine is lost and the skins too. No! New wine, fresh skins!
Mk.2:22

Jesus has been questioned about why his disciples are not fasting like the Pharisees or even John's disciples. His reply infers he is doing something new that has with it new disciplines and new power.

This reading always makes me question, "What is the new wine God is pouring into my life at the moment?" Often I'm so busy savouring the old wine that I'm missing the new work God is calling me to. This can be at my work, in my family life or in my ministry. God is interested in all those areas. 

Lord, I can be distracted by the cares and worries of this world. The exciting place to be focussed is in the center of your will... today.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.



 

No comments: