Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Being Real with God

'I was pouring out my soul before the Lord. Do not take your maidservant for a worthless woman; all this time I have been speaking from the depth of my grief and my resentment.’ Then Eli answered her: ‘Go in peace,’ he said ‘and may the God of Israel grant what you have asked of him.’
1Sam.1:15-17

Hannah has been pouring out to God her grief over being barren. After first thinking her drunk, the High Priest Eli acknowledges her authentic prayer and gives her a blessing.

Even before becoming pregnant, Hannah left the temple no longer dejected but full of joyful expectation. She knew in her heart that her prayer had been heard. Hannah was granted her wish and Samuel the great prophet was born of her. 

Being real with God gets results. What can be birthed from my fervent prayer? This morning, starting an Alpha Course is on my heart. 

Lord God, sometimes I wonder if having an Alpha Course in 2022 is just my idea. I'm getting no support. I want to be in the center of your ideas Lord. Lead me and I will follow.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: