Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Stick to the Plan

When they found him they said, ‘Everybody is looking for you.’ He answered, ‘Let us go elsewhere, to the neighbouring country towns, so that I can preach there too, because that is why I came.’
Mk.1:37,38

The Apostles want Jesus to continue his work at the place they are at. Jesus sees a bigger picture and sets off for neighbouring towns.

The Apostles saw the healings and deliverance happening before them. Jesus saw the souls of the villagers in the next valley that had yet to hear the Good News. Preaching was his priority. He had a game plan and wasn't to be distracted from it. 

It's good to have a game plan and important to stick to it. Shifting the goalposts means the goal is never scored. This is true for big enterprises and also for the small stuff, like my day. 

Jesus, help me stay true to the vision you give me, starting with today. 
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.

 

 

No comments: