Thursday, January 6, 2022

The Game Plan

The spirit of the Lord has been given to me, for he has anointed me. He has sent me to bring the good news to the poor, to proclaim liberty to captives and to the blind new sight, to set the downtrodden free, to proclaim the Lord’s year of favour.
Lk.4:18,19

Jesus has just come out of the desert, full of the Holy Spirit. He now starts his public ministry in his hometown synagogue, outlining his game plan to bring good news, liberty, sight, freedom and God's favour.

This is still Jesus' business. His mission remains for the Church to complete. Everything that I do in the Church, in my parish, in the world should be in sync with Jesus' original game plan. Like him, my starting point is be filled with the Holy Spirit.

Come Holy Spirit, fill me so I can bring good news, liberty, sight, freedom and God's favour to the world.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me. 

No comments: