Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Deliver Us From Evil

I passed your word on to them, and the world hated them, because they belong to the world no more than I belong to the world. I am not asking you to remove them from the world, but to protect them from the evil one. They do not belong to the world any more than I belong to the world.
Jn.17:14-16

Jesus prays for his disciples just before his passion and death. He asks not that they be removed from the world and its antagonism but that they be protected from Satan.

Following Jesus in our country means going against the flow. Atheism is the universal religion of our land and Christians are regarded as deluded at best, dangerous at worst. But this is where God has placed me and for his good purpose. 

I'm currently forming an Alpha Course team. It's time we went fishing again. We need protection from the evil one as we cast out the net.

Thank you Jesus for your prayer of protection. I claim that prayer for all who are considering joining our Alpha Course team. Deliver us from evil.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for us.



No comments: