Saturday, June 18, 2022

Forbidden to Worry

Your heavenly Father knows you need them all. Set your hearts on his kingdom first, and on his righteousness, and all these other things will be given you as well. So do not worry about tomorrow: tomorrow will take care of itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Mt.6:32-34

Jesus is giving his Sermon on the Mount, instructing on priorities. Kingdom of God first, other things a distant second.

Jesus forbids his followers to worry. Worry is from a pagan heart. A heart of faith trusts and has peace. This is so topical for me as I fearfully hold off a retirement date. No money coming in... eeek! 

I am to do due diligence, create a retirement budget, but I'm not to worry. He promises that for a heart set on God's kingdom all these other things will be provided.

Thank you Jesus for the reminders and encouragement you are giving me to not worry. I trust in you and receive your peace.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: