Thursday, June 23, 2022

Do It!

Therefore, everyone who listens to these words of mine and acts on them will be like a sensible man who built his house on rock.
Mt.7:24

Jesus finishes his great Sermon on the Mount by stating listening to him is not enough to enter the Kingdom of God. I need to act on what I hear.

I've noticed that some people use the Alpha Course videos simply to tickle their ears. They listen but do not let it motivate them to change. They are slick presentations that can be simply entertaining. 

I'm often tempted to do the same. Some Sundays I'm just a pew-warmer. Jesus has harsh words to say to such people. "I shall tell them to their faces: I have never known you; away from me, you evil men!" Not only is it lazy not to act on his words, it's evil.

Forgive me Lord for the days I've just been a pew-warmer. Holy Spirit, set a fire ablaze within me to be not just a listener but a doer.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: