Tuesday, June 7, 2022

A Greater Joy

What can bring us happiness?’ many say. Lift up the light of your face on us, O Lord. You have put into my heart a greater joy than they have from abundance of corn and new wine.
Ps.4:6,7

All people seek happiness. God gives a joy that is independent of material wealth. One of the first effects I've seen in people who have committed or recommitted themselves to God is an enormous smile.  

A deep joy, a joy in the heart, is the sign of authentic Christian conversion. Often nothing much happens to circumstance but everything changes to perspective. I receive this joy every time I recommit to God. I can receive this joy now...

Thank you Jesus for the joy you have placed in my heart. Let this joy in me be a witness for you today.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for us.

No comments: