Saturday, May 28, 2022

The Door is Open

I tell you most solemnly, anything you ask for from the Father he will grant in my name. Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and so your joy will be complete.
Jn.16:23,24

Jesus encourages his disciples before his passion and death. He assures them, and me, that being a disciple opens a door into God the Father's presence where we can ask, receive and be joyful.

There seems to be three types of answers from God to my petitions; yes, no and not yet. I have to trust that all of these are the right answers. I can do that because Jesus tells us that God the Father loves us because we love his Son and believe in him (Jn.16:27). 

It comes back to belief and trust in what Jesus has promised. This gives me peace and joy, no matter what is going on in my life.

Thank you Jesus for being the doorway into the very throne room of God. I place my trust in you.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.



No comments: