Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Infectious Joy

Enter by the narrow gate, since the road that leads to perdition is wide and spacious, and many take it; but it is a narrow gate and a hard road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
Mt.7:13,14

Jesus warns that following him is not easy but a difficult path that needs searching. But, it's the only way to life.

As soon as I became a Christian I knew I was swimming against the flow. My world view changed. Maxims like "Treat others as you want them to treat you, "Love your enemies", "Do not judge or you shall be judged" became signposts to a new path. It was difficult. 

It is still difficult but I've found no other way that leads to life. Not only that, I want to bring others along the same path with me. What attracted me to the difficult path were travellers who seemed to embrace the difficulties with a joy I didn't have. That's still the key....

Jesus, you followed the difficult path with a joy so infectious that it changed the world. Fill me with your Spirit today that I may infect others.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: