Friday, June 17, 2022

Shift My Heart

Do not store up treasures for yourselves on earth, where moths and woodworms destroy them and thieves can break in and steal. But store up treasures for yourselves in heaven, where neither moth nor woodworms destroy them and thieves cannot break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
Mt.6:19-21

Jesus teaches that treasures on earth are temporal while treasures in heaven are eternal, so pour your efforts into the eternal.

Earthly treasures are so alluring, that's why they're called bling. They're also insatiable. There's never enough to satisfy. Heavenly treasures are more obscure. There's not much bling associated with them, just great promises. They are based on faith.

I've been delaying retirement for fear of not having enough bling stored away. A dear friend the same age as me is living the last few months of life with terminal cancer. It's a wakeup call. 

Jesus, I shift my heart from here to there. I place my trust in you.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: