Saturday, June 25, 2022

A Man after God's Heart

I have selected David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart, who will carry out my whole purpose.
Acts.13:22

Paul is preaching on how John the Baptist was a herald for Jesus who has fulfilled God's promise to King David.  Paul highlights how David was selected to carry out God's eternal purpose for which Jesus is the ultimate fruit.

God who knew all the treachery that David was to perform also saw the zeal of David for him. God wasn't looking for perfection, he was looking for a fervent heart. 

Each time I sin my confidence takes a hit. I call myself a phoney with no authority to do God's work. If this were true we would have no prophets or saints in the Church. Those accusations are from the devil. God knows my brokenness but calls me forward nonetheless. 

Lord, you know my heart. Thank you that you still believe in me when I can't believe in myself.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: