Friday, June 24, 2022

Joyful Trust

Surely we may count on being saved by the life of his Son? Not merely because we have been reconciled but because we are filled with joyful trust in God.
Rms.5:10,11

Paul states we can count on God's saving mercy not only because of his son's atoning death but also because of our joyful trust in God.

Wow! My joyful trust in God is both a cause and an effect of my salvation. My joyful trust provokes  God's mercy. As a father I have experienced this with my own children. They look trustfully to me and I can't stop myself from meeting that trust. I don't want to disappoint them. 

My part to play in my salvation is to have joyful trust in God. I think I can do that today.

Thank you Father for sending your son to save me, for giving me the Holy spirit to comfort and guide me. I joyfully place my trust in you.
Saint Philip Neri please pray for me.


No comments: