Friday, June 25, 2021

Work and Be Happy

O blessed are those who fear the Lord and walk in his ways! By the labour of your hands you shall eat. You will be happy and prosper.
Ps.127:1

Psalm 128 is a Song of Ascents, a psalm that was sung while climbing up Mount Zion to the temple to worship. It is a song of thanksgiving to prepare the heart for an intimate time with God. It starts with the basics. The man who fears the Lord shall be happy in work and gaining provision from his work.

I'm approaching retirement. One thing I'm grateful for is having a job that could provide for my family. With one income that wasn't film star wages, I was able to provide for my wife and five children, buy a house, feed and clothe them, allow my wife to be an at-home-mum. 

We've been happy and have prospered. I can testify that fearing God has benefits not only in eternity but also now.  I enter today with a thankful heart.

Lord my God, thank you for blessing me with work that could provide. You have made me a happy man.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for us.

No comments: