Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Shine

In the same way your light must shine in the sight of men, so that, seeing your good works, they may give the praise to your Father in heaven.
Mt.5:16

Jesus has started his Sermon on the Mount. He commands that all followers are to do good works, not for their own glory but to the glory of God the Father.

Good works are admired by everyone, believer and nonbeliever alike. Doing good works is not a suggestion from Jesus. It's a command. Why? Not primarily for the good of those receiving the benefit of the good works. Good works are to glorify our Father in heaven. 

Does God the Father need my good works to obtain glory? No, he is glorious beyond compare without my help. My good works are to draw attention, are to bring people to God, today.

Jesus, you promised to be with me always. Help me today shine my light before men that our Father be praised. 
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.



No comments: