Friday, June 4, 2021

Thankyou!

Blessed be God! 
Blessed be his great name! 
Blessed be all his holy angels! 
Blessed be his great name for evermore! For he had scourged me 
and now has had pity on me and I see my son Tobias.
Tbt.11:14,15

Tobias has just returned and applied to his blind father's eyes the medicine given by Raphael. Tobit's sight is restored and he bursts forth in spontaneous praise and thanksgiving. 

Thankfulness is counted as a virtue. A person who is thankful tends to be a person of humility. It's acknowledging God as the giver of all that I have that is good. Acknowledging that God showers good things upon me reminds me how much I am loved.

I step into today with a thankful heart. God is God and I am his beloved son.

Lord, this is the day that you have made and I will rejoice and be glad in it.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for us.

No comments: