Friday, June 18, 2021

Don't Let the Mud Stick

But store up treasures for yourselves in heaven, where neither moth nor woodworms destroy them and thieves cannot break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
Mt.16:20,21

Jesus is giving his great Sermon on the Mount. He states that everyone's heart is where their treasure is and that is in one of two places, earth or heaven.

You can't read this scripture without running a personal itinerary. Where is my treasure? Of course I'd like the answer to always be, in heaven. But no, honesty makes me admit a chunk of my treasure is earthly. It's that "in the world but not of the world" business. 

The fact is I'm earthly lodged but heavenly bound. As long as the mud doesn't stick, walking through it is ok. I just need to hose down my gumboots every once and awhile. This prayer time is a great time for boot cleaning, for getting heavenly focussed again. 

Jesus, heaven is my home thanks to you. Holy Spirit, walk with me today to help me keep my mind fixed on home. 
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for us.

 

No comments: