Thursday, June 17, 2021

Motivational Love

Would I do that if I did not love you? God knows I do.
2Cor.11:11

Paul writes to the Corinthian Church, reminding them of the diligence and sacrifice he has exercised in ministering to them. He then presents what he has done as evidence of his love for them.

The Corinthians appear easily swayed by whatever new fad tickles their ears. Paul wants them to return to the simple devotion to Jesus that he preached. Rather than give up on them, his love for them gives him resolve to roll up his sleeves and work harder for them all the more. 

It must be like that when parents watch children drift away from the Church. Love remains and keeps the door open, keeps reaching out. There are people who have had a powerful experience on past Alpha Courses that have drifted away again. I must roll my sleeves up and reach back out to them. 

I'm hearing again and again the need to address the "what's next" for Alpha guests. Next Monday is the last night for our current Alpha Course. It's time to invite them to a way to maintain a simple devotion to Christ.

Jesus, inspire me to reach out in love to Alpha Course guests as I invite them to what is next.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.

 

No comments: