Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Generous

Remember how generous the Lord Jesus was: he was rich, but he became poor for your sake, to make you rich out of his poverty.
2Cor.1:9

Paul writes to the the Church in Corinth, encouraging them in generosity of service. He starts by reporting on the exemplary generosity of the Church in Macedonia. He then points out that even this is eclipsed by the generosity of Christ.

Generosity is a highly prized virtue. I'm led to recall again the words of Jesus in the parable of the sower where he describes the rich soil being people of noble and generous hearts. I know people who are naturally generous. They tend to be cheerful and non-judgemental. They're great to be around.

Generosity is counter to my natural selfishness. All the more reason for me to cultivate it.

Thank you Jesus. You poured out everything so I could have everything. Help me have a noble and generous heart today.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for us. 



No comments: