Thursday, June 10, 2021

Be a Bright Believer

And we, with our unveiled faces reflecting like mirrors the brightness of the Lord, all grow brighter and brighter as we are turned into the image that we reflect; this is the work of the Lord who is Spirit.
2Cor.3:18

Paul writes to the Church of Corinth describing the glory that accompanies believers. We grow in brightness as we become more like Christ who we reflect. And all this is the work of the Holy Spirit.

I've met bright believers. They radiate! They are also people I would call spirit-filled. The Holy Spirit is not a option. He is essential for me to grow in brightness. This is why Paul wrote the Ephesian Church, who were already baptised and had received the Holy Spirit like us Catholics, to be filled daily, again and again with the Holy Spirit. 

The Holy Spirit is fuel in my tank giving me power to shine, today...

Come Holy Spirit, fill me again with your presence so I better reflect the brightness of the Son. 
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for us.



No comments: