Sunday, January 1, 2023

Son and Heir

The proof that you are sons is that God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts: the Spirit that cries, ‘Abba, Father’, and it is this that makes you a son, you are not a slave any more; and if God has made you son, then he has made you heir.
Gal.4:6,7

Paul declares we are adopted sons of God, proven by the Holy Spirit who dwells in us, and as sons and daughters it gets even better. We are heirs.

Heir. A person legally entitled to the property or rank of another. There it is. We inherit the lot. Property and rank. All that Jesus won on the Cross I have access to. Peace, love, joy, hope, eternal life in heaven. I just have to pick it up and claim it. 

Thank you Jesus for gaining me everything. I walk into today as a son and heir.
Mary, Mother of God, please pray for me.

No comments: