Friday, January 6, 2023

Believe and Be Sure

I have written all this to you so that you who believe in the name of the Son of God may be sure that you have eternal life.
1Jn.5:13

John concludes his letter summarising why he has written. To give encouragement and surety of eternal life to all believers.

Eternal life. It is what gives hope and makes sense of the struggles we all experience, believers and non-believers alike. The difference is that believers know our struggles are not the end of our story. In fact, they are just the title page. The real story starts in eternity. 

If it was good enough for John the Apostle to encourage believers with this truth then it's good enough for me to encourage others as well. Belief in eternal life gives me joy, a joy I want others to share. 

Jesus, you are the first born, we are to follow. Help me be a son of encouragement to those I meet today. 
Saint John the Apostle, please pray for me.

  

No comments: