Tuesday, January 3, 2023

His Child

Alleluia, alleluia!
The Word of God became flesh and dwelt among us.
He enabled those who accepted him
to become the children of God.
Alleluia!
Jn.1:14.12

John the Apostle declares what he witnessed... God becoming flesh... and what it means... all who accept him become children of God.

Questioning Google on "how to be a child of God?" results in pages of suggested answers. They all boil down to what John has written. Acknowledge baby Jesus is God visiting his people.

There cannot be a more intimate relationship than that of being a child. A child is naturally chrished, protected and provided for by the father, in a functional relationship at least. This is who I am, a child of God. God is my Abba, my daddy. I am cherished. I am protected. I am provided for.

Thank you Jesus for visiting your people, for visiting me. You have made me a brother and an heir.
Saint John the Apostle, please pray for me.



No comments: