Friday, January 27, 2023

How Small Becomes Big

What can we say the kingdom of God is like? What parable can we find for it? It is like a mustard seed which at the time of its sowing in the soil is the smallest of all the seeds on earth; yet once it is sown it grows into the biggest shrub of them all.
Mk.4:30-32

Jesus describes the mystery of the kingdom of God. From something tiny, something huge can grow. 

Both the mustard seed and God's kingdom can give relief to the parched world. Like the tiny mustard seed needing water before it can grow into a shrub providing shade and shelter, God's kingdom needs a faithful soul before it can blossom into a life-giving provider of shelter, healing and love. 

Jesus unleashed miraculous power where there was even the tiniest faith. Where there was no faith there were no miracles.  Oh that my soul can have the tiniest bit of faith so God's kingdom may be released through me today.

Yes Lord I believe. Help me in my unbelief. 
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: