Monday, January 23, 2023

Claim the Victory

Christ, too, offers himself only once to take the faults of many on himself, and when he appears a second time, it will not be to deal with sin but to reward with salvation those who are waiting for him.
Heb.9:28


The writer of Hebrews emphasises that sin has already been utterly and completely dealt with by Jesus' death and resurrection.

Sometimes I still think that sin in my life is a battle that I could lose.  Satan wants me to think this and simply roll over and stop the struggle. This is a lie. Sin has already lost thanks to Jesus' saving work on the cross. I simply have to claim the victory that is offered to me and then live victoriously in joy.

Thank you Jesus for paying the price for my brokenness. I receive your liberating victory with a joyful heart.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: