Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Invite Him In

‘My daughter,’ he said ‘your faith has restored you to health; go in peace and be free from your complaint.’  While he was still speaking some people arrived from the house of the synagogue official to say, ‘Your daughter is dead: why put the Master to any further trouble?’ But Jesus had overheard this remark of theirs and he said to the official, ‘Do not be afraid; only have faith.’ 
Mk.5:34-36

While walking to the home of Jairus who has pleaded for his desperately ill daughter, Jesus' power spontaneously heals a woman who has touched his garment in faith. 

In this dramatic scene two people are healed by Jesus, each in their own different way. The woman had faith enough to simply touch the hem of Jesus' garment. The girl benefited from the intercession and faith of her father. The common ground in both circumstances is faith in Jesus to heal. 

In both circumstances Jesus is close to the person afflicted. He just needed to be invited in. Faith opened the door. I can open that door as well, for myself and for others in intercession. 

Jesus, thank you for wanting to step into my life where I need your healing power. I invite you in.
Saint John Bosco please pray for me.


No comments: