Monday, January 9, 2023

Power in a Blessing

As soon as Jesus was baptised he came up from the water, and suddenly the heavens opened and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and coming down on him. And a voice spoke from heaven, ‘This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.’
Mt.3:17

Jesus is baptised by John the Baptist. John witnesses the Holy Spirit descending on Jesus and the voice of God the Father speaking a blessing over his son.

There is power in the spoken blessing, more so when it is from a father. The world is full of sons who have never heard a blessing from their father and as a result they don't know their true identity. They certainly have heard curses. 

I am a father and grandfather. I have plenty in my day to speak a blessing to. 

Jesus, you personally know the power of a blessing. Help me speak only blessing or not speak at all. 
John the Baptist, please pray for me. 


No comments: