Monday, January 2, 2023

Yes Jesus Loves Me

Keep alive in yourselves what you were taught in the beginning: as long as what you were taught in the beginning is alive in you, you will live in the Son and in the Father;
1Jn.2:24

John writes to the Church warning of false teachers and antichrists. The antidote? Stay connected to what you were taught in the beginning.

This makes me think back to my "beginning". As an adult convert, I was being fed milk as I wasn't ready for meat. I recall listening to children's christian songs on my walkman while trimming the hedge. It was the verse "Yes, Jesus loves me, the Bible tells me so" that made me start weeping. The truth of those simple but life changing words, "Jesus loves me" finally took root. 

Today I re-enliven what I was taught in the beginning. Yes, Jesus loves me.

Jesus loves me, this I know,
for the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to him belong;
they are weak, but he is strong.

Yes, Jesus loves me! Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me! The Bible tells me so.

Saint John the Apostle, please pray for me.

No comments: