Friday, January 20, 2023

Chosen

Jesus went up into the hills and summoned those he wanted. So they came to him and he appointed twelve; they were to be his companions and to be sent out to preach, with power to cast out devils.
Mk.3:13-15

Jesus is calling up his A-team from out of his disciples, the ones who were to become Apostles, ones sent out.

It's tempting to think I chose Jesus but today's scripture is a reminder that choosing is Jesus' prerogative.  He chose me.

Jesus choosing me puts our relationship on a higher level. There is something elevating about being chosen. He looks past all my brokenness and sees something greater. It also makes me want to live up to what I have been chosen for, to be an apostle, to be one sent out.

Thank you Jesus for choosing me, for seeing in my clay refined gold. Help me see myself as you do.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


  

No comments: