Thursday, August 4, 2022

Joy

Give me again the joy of your help; with a spirit of fervour sustain me, that I may teach transgressors your ways and sinners may return to you.
Ps.50:12,13

King David writes a psalm of repentance after being convicted by the prophet Nathan of his sin with Bathsheba. He had lost his joy and is begging for it to return.

Sin does that. It promises joy but delivers misery, every time. It's not a joy giver, it's a joy taker. David has found the antidote. Repentance. I face it, name it, confess it then walk away from it. And as I walk away, something beautiful happens. I get a skip back in my step. Joy returns.

Thank you Jesus that your mercies are new every morning, that you are always ready to forgive. Lord, give me again the joy of your help.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.

No comments: