Thursday, August 11, 2022

Further Up Further In

I can assure you my brothers, I am far from thinking that I have already won. All I can say is that I forget the past and I strain ahead for what is still to come; I am racing for the finish, for the prize to which God calls us upwards to receive in Christ Jesus.
Ph.3:13,14

Paul writes to the Church in Philippi, encouraging them in their faith by his own example.  He is straining ahead for the prize above all prizes, eternal life with Jesus.

The thing about my Christian faith is that I can never say I have arrived. At best I'm moving in the right direction. There is always a calling for me to go further up and further in. Each moment, each encounter today is a chance to surge ahead in the race. That's an exciting way to live.

Jesus, sometimes I run low on energy for the race, I falter. Fill me Holy Spirit so I am not drained but running on the overflow, further up and further in.
Saint Claire, please pray for me.


No comments: