Friday, August 12, 2022

Water into Wine

This is why a man must leave father and mother, and cling to his wife, and the two become one body. They are no longer two, therefore, but one body. So then, what God has united, man must not divide.
Mt.19:5,6

Pharisees are testing Jesus over a question on divorce, then allowed by Mosaic law. Jesus answers by stating that, as God is involved in marriage, it is above interference by man. 

The "until death do us part" of marriage frightens people away from it. It's easier just to live together so the door is always open to walk out when it gets hard... and it always gets hard sooner or later. 

That promise made before family, friends and God has made me dig deeper, try harder. I watch my four married children do the same. There is infinite strength on tap when two become one. I'm so glad God is involved in my marriage. He turns the water into wine. I need to tell my wife I love being married to her... today.

Jesus, you turned water into wine at the marriage feast of Cana. Turn my water into wine as I love my wife today.
Saint Thomas Moore, please pray for me.


No comments: