Saturday, August 6, 2022

Friend

Jesus took with him Peter and John and James and went up the mountain to pray. As he prayed, the aspect of his face was changed and his clothing became brilliant as lightning.
Lk.9:28,29

In prayer on a mountain top, Jesus is transfigured into a glorious figure. Peter, James and John are given a glimpse into a different time domain where God's reign is total and complete. God the Father spoke to the three, giving a message that would be passed on to the Church for all time.‘This is my Son, the Chosen One. Listen to him.' 

Jesus normally went alone to mountain tops to pray. This time he chose Peter, James and John to witness his transfiguration. The three were close friends of Jesus' and he trusted them to be reliable witnesses... eventually.

I have a few close friends who I trust. They are precious to me but my most treasured friendship is with Jesus. He's the friend who never lets me down... ever. 

What a friend I've found
Closer than a brother
I have felt your touch
More intimate than lovers 

Jesus, Jesus Jesus,
friend forever

Saints Peter, James and John, please pray for me.


No comments: