Friday, May 27, 2022

Joy Germ

You are sad now, but I shall see you again, and your hearts will be full of joy, and that joy no one shall take from you.
Jn.16:22

Jesus continues to encourage his disciples before his passion and death. Yes, there will be grief but it will be overcome by an everlasting joy.

Joy is the hallmark of an authentic Christian. Pope Francis has said the Church is too full of people with long faces looking like they're stuck in Lent, never reaching Easter. Yes, there is the Cross, a time for tears but we don't stay there. Hope calls us forward and that leads to joy.

I step into today with the promise of joy that no one shall take away.

Jesus, your word always ends with the promise of joy. Let me be a joy germ in my day today.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.

No comments: